Student Finance

All UK/EU students are eligible for loans to cover the full cost of their tuition fees at most universities.  The exception is where the course is at a private university (such as Buckingham, or Regent’s College) where the loan only covers part of the fees.

All UK/EU students are also entitled to loans for money to live on (maintenance loans) – the size of the loan depends on household income.  The amount of loan also depends on whether students are living at home or away from home, and whether they will be studying in London or elsewhere.

Universities also provide a range bursaries (based on household income) and scholarships (based on academic achievement and/or household income).  These are in addition to money from the government loans.  Some are automatically awarded to eligible students, and others require separate application forms, so it is always worth checking the ‘fees and funding’ section of the university websites.

To find out more about student loans visit




Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s